Access to Records
The surgery holds manual and computerised records of all its patients. This data is entirely secure and confidential and we are registered under the Data Protection Act.
- All staff have access to medical records and are obliged to observe strict rules of confidentiality.
- Under the Access to Medical Records Act of 1990, patients may view their records, although a small charge will be made.
- Records are used by the NHS for financial and for quality audit purposes, and for anonymised research to monitor and improve health care.
- If a patient wishes to be excluded from research, then they should write to the practice manager.
- Exclusion from the anonomysed research will not affect your treatment.